Dan Instructor Courses
WHY TAKE THIS COURSE
Dive pros and volunteers often need first-aid training to manage emergencies that may occur. Diver Alert Network’s (DAN) DFA Pro Course (Diving First Aid for Professional Divers) is designed for commercial, professional, aquarium and scientific divers. It provides first-aid knowledge and skills specific to these work environments. This course will certify current Dive Professionals as DAN DFA Pro Instructors.
What Will I Learn?
DFA Pro includes several DAN Instructor Courses: Emergency Oxygen for Scuba Diving Injuries, Neurological Assessment, First Aid for Hazardous Marine Life Injuries and CPR for Health Care Providers. It meets U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines for workplace CPR and first aid. You will learn about:
You will learn about:
- Anatomy, physiology, bloodborne pathogens
- Decompression Illness and Oxygen First Aid
- Response, assessment, and medical emergency management
You will develop the following skills:
- Scene safety assessment
- Initial and secondary assessments
- One- and two-person CPR for adults, children and infants
- Automated external defibrillator (AED) use
- Obstructed airway management
- Oxygen first aid administration
- F-A-S-T assessment
- Wound management and bandage and splint application
- Control of external bleeding
- Pressure immobilization technique
- Severe allergic reaction management
- Dive Leader (Divemaster or above) in current teaching status with your agency.
- Online homework that must be completed before the start of the class. This will be sent to the student upon registration.
DFA PRO CERTIFICATIONS
Upon successful completion of the course Instructors will be able to teach the following DAN courses:
- Diving First Aid for Professional Divers
- CPR: Health Care Provider with First Aid
- Emergency Oxygen
- First Aid for Hazardous Marine Life Injuries
- Neurological Assessment
- Diving Emergency Management Provider