- What else is there to do in the area besides diving? There are many South Florida activities you can enjoy while you’re in the area! Check out our Things to Do page for a variety of options that may interest you.
- Where can I stay during my program? Check out our Where to Stay page for local options. Some of our alumni have also stayed at AirBnBs during their course.
Divemaster Course FAQ
- How long do I have to be a diver before beginning my divemaster course? There’s no time requirement to start your divemaster course. However, you will need at least 40 logged dives to begin the course and 60 logged dives to complete the Course. You can read the full list of prerequisites on the Divemaster Course Page.
- How long does it take to complete the divemaster program? It is possible to complete the PADI Divemaster program in as little as 2 weeks. However, we recommend taking more time and completing an internship experience. The more time you invest in your training, the more prepared you’ll be for you pro career.
- My other certifications aren’t PADI. Can I still take the PADI Divemaster course? Yes. We often have divers cross over from other organizations to become PADI Divemasters. Your instructor will make sure you have all the necessary PADI equivalent certifications to begin your Divemaster Course. If there are any courses you still need, we can help you complete them in order to enroll.
instructor (idc) faq
- How long is the IDC? Pura Vida’s IDC runs for 10 days, including the required Emergency First Response Instructor course. It is followed by the 2-day Instructor Exam.
- How should I prepare for the IDC? Our Course Director Barbara will send you some helpful information once you sign up, but there are some things you can do now to prepare. First, review your Dive Theory. The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving and PADI’s Dive Theory Online are both very helpful tools. Second, try to assist on at least one of each of the core PADI classes in the weeks leading up to your IDC. Third, practice the skill circuit. You’ll need to make sure these are up to demonstration quality for your IDC and IE.
- How much is the IDC? Visit our Pricing page and look at Dive Professional Career Level 2 for a pricing breakdown of the IDC Course.
- I’m certified as a Divemaster with a non-PADI organization. Can I still take the PADI IDC? Definitely! Divemasters from other organizations can attend PADI IDCs and IEs. Our Course Director will make sure you have all the necessary PADI equivalent certifications to attend the IDC. If there are any courses you still need, we can help you complete them in order to take the PADI IDC.