Master Scuba Diver Trainer (MSDT)
Becoming an MSDT
All PADI Instructors who have certified at least 25 PADI Divers and have earned five or more PADI Specialty Instructor certifications can be a Master Scuba Diver Trainer.
Pura Vida Divers offers an MSDT Prep course that provides you with the 5 instructor specialty certifications needed to become an MSDT. Students often choose to complete this course as part of our Resort Operations Program (Dive Professional Career Level 3). The Resort Operations program packages MSDT Prep with other instructor courses that will make you a vital member of any dive shop.
We also offer the option to complete MSDT prep or any of our instructor specialties a-la-carte. For more information on taking stand-alone courses, contact us at email@example.com.
To complete Instructor Specialty Courses, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be certified as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor
- Have an active certification as a PADI Emergency First Response Instructor
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement (PDF) signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
Applying for your MSDT Rating
To apply for your MSDT Rating, you must meet the requirements below:
- Be a certified PADI Instructor
- Possess 5 or more PADI Specialty Instructor Ratings
- Excludes PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy, Project AWARE, and Coral Reef Conservation
- 1 PADI Freediver Instructor Rating may credit toward MSDT
- Have certified 25 more more PADI Divers
- No more than 5 certifications can come from courses without dives
- PADI Seal Team or Master Seal Team registrations may account for no more than 5 certifications toward MSDT